Once your Volvo reaches 22,500 miles it’s time for Volvo’s Major Service I scheduled maintenance. This service interval occurs every 22,500 miles or 22.5 months and continues at the following mileage intervals: 45,000, 67,500, 90,000, etc.
Volvo Major Service I shares the same checks as Volvo Minor Service I.
- Check OBD system
- Replace engine oil and filter
- Reset Service reminder Indicator (SRI)
- Check/adjust engine coolant, power steering* and washer fluid levels
- Check windshield wiper blades
- Check brake pads
- Check brake fluid level
- Check tires-pressure and wear**
- Clean inside of windshield in front of camera***
- Clean and lube all hinges and latches
- Inspection of all lighting controls
*S40, V50, C70 and C30 models do not need power steering fluid check
**Spare tires is checked every two years
***For vehicles with camera for collision warning